Do you want to give back to the educators who serve the Commonwealth? Join us!
We are now hiring for multiple positions!
Follow the links below to apply. Please note, only applications submitted through MassCareers, the Commonwealth’s employment application website, will be considered. Do not send any applications for employment directly to the MTRS.
500 Rutherford Ave., Charlestown, MA
Number of openings:
Friday, April 24, 2020
General statement of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Director(s) and Assistant Director(s) of Member Services North/South, the Retirement Analyst assists members of the MTRS by:
- Responding professionally to a variety of written, telephone, and in-person inquiries from members, employers and other constituents in assigned parameters.
- Calculating and processing service purchase applications.
- Assisting members with creditable service estimates, benefit estimates and other retirement planning needs.
- Processing retirement applications.
- Processing benefit adjustments, as needed.
- Assisting members at educational seminars both on site and off site, as needed.
- Efficiently implementing assigned areas of unit workflow.
- Performing calculations, specialized services, and administrative functions to ensure efficient workflow, as needed.
- Acquiring knowledge of Chapter 32, state and federal regulations, and case law, on a continuing basis, as it relates to the work of the unit.
- Providing assistance to active members, retirees, and survivors, as needed.
- Participating fully in all agency projects, meetings and training programs, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and accurate.
- Desire to work in an environment committed to teamwork and quality service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret and apply retirement laws and regulations.
- Ability to follow instructions and function both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with the membership, employers, other members of the public and MTRS staff.
- Must be flexible and able to handle a multitude of tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with database applications.
- A reliable means of transportation in the event of work-related travel.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé. The cover letter must address why the applicant’s background and training would make him or her a good fit for the position of Retirement Analyst with the MTRS. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered. Selected applicants will be invited to take a test designed to evaluate their basic writing, math and computer skills.
The MTRS is an equal opportunity employer.