In our continuing efforts to meet the demands of our growing member population, we are seeking recent MTRS retirees to work as part-time contractors in our Charlestown Contact Center.
As someone who has had a career as an educator and recently gone through the retirement process, you have an informed perspective of what today’s teachers—and your fellow retirees—need to know about their retirement benefits. We realize that the commuting distance to our Charlestown office may not be convenient for many of our retirees, but we are reaching out to all recent MTRS retirees in the hope that some of you might be interested in joining us!
The position details are as follows:
- Position: Contact Center Representative
- Location: MTRS main office, 500 Rutherford Avenue, Suite 210, Charlestown
- Status: Part-time contractor (no fringe benefits)
- Hourly rate: $20/hour
- Hours: 9 am–5 pm, with 30 minutes for lunch; 2-3 days per week (flexible)
- Duties: Provide general customer service to all MTRS members and constituents over the phone, as well as perform basic member account maintenance functions, such as processing incoming forms and requests.
- Qualifications: Must be a former educator and retiree of the MTRS; must be able to understand retirement laws and regulations, and communicate effectively with members and staff; and, must be proficient with Microsoft Office and web-based computer applications.
- Training: Will be provided by MTRS.
Please note that, as an MTRS retiree, you can no longer contribute to the system or receive additional creditable service toward your current retirement benefit; rehired retirees will be required to contribute 7.5% of their earnings to a deferred compensation plan (these contributions are refundable after employment has ended). Additionally, rehired public retirees are subject to the “working after retirement” limitations on service (960 hours per calendar year) and earnings (the sum of your annual pension plus earnings with a Massachusetts public employer, cannot exceed the salary currently being paid for the position from which you retired, plus $15,000 after one full calendar year).
Interested? Please click the button below to view the job posting on MassCareers and apply online. Only applications submitted through MassCareers will be considered, and only applicants selected as candidates will be contacted. Please, no phone calls or emails.
We hope you will consider joining us!