- Functional title: Call Center Representative
- Department: Contact Center Services
- Location: MTRS main office, 500 Rutherford Avenue, Suite 210, Charlestown, MA 02129
- Status: Part-time contractor (no fringe benefits, will receive a W-2)
- Hourly rate: $22/hour
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00 am–5:00 pm, with 30-minute lunch break; 2-3 days per week
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Director and Assistant Director of Contact Center Services (“CCS”), the Call Center Representative is a member of the team responsible for providing general customer service to all MTRS members and constituents, as well as for performing basic member account maintenance by processing certain incoming forms and requests. The Call Center Representative will:
- Respond to general inquiries—received via phone, email and in person—from members, employers and constituent group representatives
- Process certain member-submitted account maintenance forms in a consistent, timely and accurate manner, and pursuant to established workflows including but not limited to, Direct Deposit, W-4P, Address Change and Beneficiary Designation
- Provide support to Contact Center Representatives regarding staffing the front desk as needed
- Provide support for members using the Member Self Service (MSS) portal of the information system including but not limited to member enrollments, password re-sets and MSS estimates
- Perform various data entry and other administrative services to support agency functions
- Maintain open communications with Call Center staff and other departments to ensure that Contact Center Services staff are aware of trending topics and issues as they arise
- Fully participate in training programs as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by either the Director or Assistant Director
- Former educator and retired MTRS member prior to July 1, 2022
- Commitment to competent, compassionate and quality service at all times
- General knowledge of services provided by the agency
- Ability to understand retirement laws and regulations, and learn MTRS functions and computer applications
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both in writing and in person, with internal and external customers
- Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and the ability to maintain harmonious relationships with the membership, employers, members of the public and staff
- Must be flexible and able to handle a multitude of tasks
- Ability to follow instructions and function both independently and as a member of a team
- Experience with Microsoft office suite, specifically Word and Excel required
- Proficiency with using Web Applications
Applicants who are hired as a Call Center Representative will be asked to initially report to the office, which is located at 500 Rutherford Ave. in Charlestown, MA. There is free parking on site. After a prescribed period that is based on the Call Center Representative’s demonstrated proficiency in the duties as outlined above, such representatives may also be considered by the management team for a hybrid telework schedule.
Interested applicants who have a retirement date from the MTRS prior to July 1, 2022, are invited to submit (via email) a resume and a cover letter to the attention of the MTRS’s Director of Human Resources (email@example.com). The position is open until filled. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. The cover letter must address the following:
- reasons why the applicant is applying for the position with MTRS as a Call Center Representative;
- description of applicant’s level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (specifically Outlook, Word and basic use of Excel);
- ability to commit to a year-round schedule (no long-term seasonal travel);
- if you previously communicated with the MTRS as an active member, please identify either a positive, or negative experience that you had with MTRS. If you had a negative experience, please explain what you would have done to correct that issue.
Pursuant to Commonwealth Executive Order #595, the MTRS requires all staff to have received the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Staff are also encouraged to receive a booster. To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must have received two doses of the approved Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Finalists will be given details about how to demonstrate receipt of vaccination.
The MTRS is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: CONTRACTORS ARE SUBJECT TO POST-RETIREMENT PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RESTRICTIONS
As MTRS retirees, Call Center Representatives can no longer contribute to the MTRS or receive additional creditable service toward their retirement benefit; rehired retirees will be required to contribute 7.5% of their earnings to an OBRA retirement plan (these contributions are refundable after employment has ended). Additionally, rehired retirees are subject to the “working after retirement” limitations on service which are currently suspended due to COVID-19. Please visit out Working after retirement page for up-to-date information. Representatives are eligible for paid leave for family and medical reasons under the Massachusetts Paid and Family Medical Leave law, effective January 1, 2021.