All member forms are in pdf format, which allows you to view and print an MTRS form in its original layout by using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please note:
- At this time, these forms cannot be submitted to us electronically (this is to ensure your security and because we need to have your original signature). To use a form, print it on letter-size white paper, complete it and then mail it to us at the address noted on the form.
- If you have any difficulty accessing any of our downloadable forms, please send an e-mail to us at Geninfo@trb.state.ma.us.
1. Beneficiary Designation Form for Active and Inactive Members
Use this to name a beneficiary or to change your beneficiary designation. For more information, see also Survivor Benefits.
2. Refund Application (for withdrawing or rolling over your MTRS account)
Recommended process: If you leave active teaching service and wish to withdraw your funds, please walk through this step-by-step process. At the end of that process, you’ll be able to download the Refund application.
3. Creditable service purchase application forms (see also Creditable service)
NOTE: To be eligible to purchase service (except Peace Corps service and refund buybacks), at the time you submit your service purchase application, you must be a member in service with the MTRS. Generally, you are a “member in service” if you are: actively teaching; receiving Workers’ Compensation for total incapacity; on a sick leave; or, on an authorized unpaid leave of less than one year.
For service purchase payments only (see Purchasing service with a direct transfer or rollover)
4. Retirement application forms
Regular (“superannuation”) and termination retirement
Recommended process: When you’re ready to retire, access our online benefit estimator and review the general retirement process. At the end of that process, you’ll be able to download a retirement application. Be sure to review our Ready for Retirement videos too!
Disability (ordinary and accidental retirement)
If you should find yourself permanently disabled and unable to work for an extended period of time, please review the process for applying for a disability retirement benefit.
For more information, see Retirement overview, factors and worksheet
5. Report of death of MTRS member
Survivors of active members may use this form to report the death of a MTRS member. For more information, see Survivor benefits for active members.
1. Beneficiary Designation Form for Retirees and Survivors
For Option A and B retirees and survivor benefit recipients ONLY. Do not use this form if you are an Option C retiree.
2. Change of Address Form-Retired member
Use this to notify us of a temporary or permanent change in your address
3. Substitute Form W-4P
Use this to change your federal tax withholding.
4. Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Use this to receive your payment via direct deposit to your bank account instead of by mailed check, or to change the bank account to which your benefit payment is directly deposited. For more information, see Direct deposit information.
5. Report of death of MTRS benefit recipient
Survivors of benefit recipients may use this form to report the death of a retiree or a person receiving a survivor benefit. For more information, see Report the death of a benefit recipient.