To estimate your “regular” or RetirementPlus retirement benefits under Options A, B and C, please access our interactive estimator by clicking on the button below. BEFORE YOU DO, however, please note:
- This estimator is to be used by members with membership dates BEFORE April 2, 2012 only. If your membership date is on or before April 2, 2012 you are subject to different retirement formula factors. See the retirement percentage chart for Tier 2.
- When navigating the estimator, please use the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page. Scrolling between pages may cause errors.
- Please note that because the retirement benefit estimator is in interactive pdf format, you can enter data on screen, but you CANNOT SAVE the form with your entered data. Accordingly, if you wish to keep a paper copy of your estimates, be sure to PRINT before exiting the document.
- If you have any difficulty using the estimator, and you are here because you are now:
- applying for retirement, please refer to the retirement benefit worksheet that you will receive within your retirement application. This easy-to-use, fill-in-the-blank worksheet includes the retirement calculation formula as well as the factors that you will need to perform your own estimates.
- planning for your retirement, please refer to Retirement overview, factors, tables and worksheet for a worksheet that you can use to perform your own estimates.
If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you through the retirement application process and serving you in retirement!
Pension Reform III, effective November 16, 2011, created a new benefit structure for individuals who became members of Massachusetts public retirement systems on or after April 2, 2012. Because benefits are now based, in part, on an individual’s membership date, the MTRS distinguishes between two “Membership Tiers.”
Below are our two “retirement percentage” charts, which provide a comparison of the percentage of salary average allowed under the regular and RetirementPlus formulas, by service and age, for each Membership Tier.