The Massachusetts Teachers’ Retirement System (MTRS) seeks qualified candidates to join our dedicated team committed to helping teachers achieve a successful and secure retirement.
Career opportunities are available in our Charlestown office. If you know someone who would be a good fit, please encourage them to apply!
- The Account Analyst (2 positions) serves on the team responsible for all aspects of member account maintenance including, but not limited to enrollments, transfers-in/out, incorrect assessment backlog resolution, account refunds, and required minimum distributions under the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Administrative Assistant – Legal assists members of the MTRS and supports the legal unit covering disability, Section 91A-Terminations, forfeiture, litigation and more.
- The Chief Technology Officer reports directly to the Executive Director and manages two departments responsible for the technological assets and applications utilized by MTRS staff in two offices, our 170,000 active and retired MTRS members, and over 400 reporting school district employers.
- The Retirement Analyst (3 positions) assists members with creditable service estimates, benefit estimates and other retirement planning needs.
- The Employer Reporting Analyst (3 positions) serves employers and members of the MTRS as part of the team responsible for monthly employer reporting, retiree insurance and comprehensive employer support.
Orientation and training will take place at the MTRS office for approximately 90 days; after such time, new hires may be eligible for hybrid remote work. Currently, most MTRS employees work remotely up to three days per week.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to create an applicant profile and apply for MTRS positions on MassCareers. In MassCareers, search for “Massachusetts Teachers’ Retirement System” after clicking “See all organizations” under “Organization” at the bottom of the far-left menu.
Additionally, qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume via email to the Director of Human Resources, Rob Fabino, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the expected volume, no phone calls, please. We appreciate your interest in the MTRS!