Why creditable service is important

Creditable service:

At the time of your retirement, we will review and verify your creditable service history.

You may earn service credit in two ways: automatically while you are contributing to the MTRS via regular payroll deductions; and, if you have previously rendered eligible service, you may be able to purchase credit for your prior employment.