Dear School District Superintendents, Charter School and Education Collaborative Directors, Business Managers, Payroll Officers, Personnel Administrators and Town Treasurers,
Please note that, pursuant to our MyTRS Password Security Policy, you will need to change your password when you sign on to MyTRS on or after Saturday, October 25, 2014. At the same time, you will also need to select and answer two security questions so that, if you forget your password at any time, you will have the ability to reset it.
There is no change to the password construction you are currently employing in MyTRS. As a reminder, your password must be a minimum of 10 characters in length and contain at least:
- one uppercase letter,
- one lowercase letter,
- one numeric character, and
- one non-alphanumeric character (e.g., ! @ $ % _ ? ( #).
DOs and DON’Ts
- DO notify your MTRS Employer Services Representative if you ever suspect that the security of your MyTRS password has been compromised, and change the password(s) in question immediately.
- DO NOT:
- Use the same password for different accounts.
- Use business passwords for personal accounts.
- Include dictionary words in any language or a person’s first or last name.
- Base a password on personal information.
- Reveal your password over the phone or in an email message.
- Share your password with anyone.
- Write down or store your password anywhere in your office.
- Store your password electronically without proper encryption. If you are unsure if your file is encrypted, please check with your IT Services department.