Editing the roster to add a “Member Event” may cause an unexpected change
The MTRS has discovered that adding a “Member Event” on the Employee Roster screen could result in an erroneous change to an employee’s rate and R+ status. Thus, we have temporarily disabled the “Edit” button on the Employee Roster screen to avoid unintended changes to a member account.
We are investigating the root cause of this issue and will identify and resolve any accidental rate or R+ status changes.
In the meantime, email new “Member Event” requests to EmpSup@trb.state.ma.us; please include the requested information from the list below and include “EVT” in the subject line.
For each member event needed, we require the following to complete your request:
- Employee’s name
- Last 4 digits of the employee’s SSN
- Specific event type
- LOA – Fully Contributing
- LOA – Partially Contributing
- LOA – Non-Contributing <=1 Year
- LOA – Non-Contributing >1 Year
- LOA – Medical Non-Contributing
- WC – Full Incapacity & Contributing
- WC – Full Incapacity & Non-Contributing
- WC – Partial Incapacity & Contributing
- WC – Partial Incapacity & Non-Contributing
- Military LOA – Contributing
- Military LOA
- Termination – Job Elimination
- Termination – Involuntary
- Termination – Voluntary
- Event Start date
- Effective Pay date
- Contract Term
A corresponding LOA form is required for any leave event. Please make sure to attach an MTRS LOA form for leave of absence requests. If your employee is returning from being called to military duty during employment, please complete and submit a Military Service Leave Reporting Form.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you and assure you that we are working diligently to resolve this issue.
If you have any questions, please contact your assigned Employer Services Representative.