UPDATED AS OF 10/24/2019
For MTRS Tier 1 members
(established membership BEFORE April 2, 2012)
As we recently announced, we will be presenting our popular “Ready for Retirement” seminar at 9 locations across the Commonwealth. Please remind your soon-to-be-retiring employees that we’re offering this program—and that this is a prime opportunity for them to get answers to their questions about the retirement process. If at all possible, please forward this message to your MTRS members who are retiring within the next year.
This is a free, optional, two-hour program (4-6 p.m.) designed for MTRS members in Tier 1 (established membership before April 2, 2012) who are retiring in 2020.
- the retirement application process and the benefit calculation formula,
- timelines and service expectations,
- first payment information,
- health insurance, tax and working after retirement issues, and
- cost-of-living adjustments after you retire.
Personalized account information and pension estimates are not offered during these sessions.
The program will be offered at 9 locations and online registration is required.
- NORTON, Tuesday, November 5; Norton Middle School auditorium
- SOUTH YARMOUTH, Thursday, November 7; Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School auditorium
- WOBURN, Tuesday, November 12; Woburn Memorial High School auditorium
- PEABODY, Wednesday, November 13; Peabody Veterans Memorial High School auditorium
- AUBURN, Thursday, November 14; Auburn High School auditorium
- CHARLESTOWN, Wednesday, November 20; MTRS Main Office, Presentation Room, 2nd Floor
- NORTHAMPTON–JUST ADDED, Thursday, November 21; Northampton High School auditorium
- HANOVER, Tuesday, December 3; Hanover High School auditorium
- WILBRAHAM–JUST ADDED, Tuesday, December 3; Minnechaug Regional High School auditorium