“Ready for Retirement” seminars starting soon—Woburn program just added
For MTRS Tier 1 members (established membership BEFORE April 2, 2012)
As we recently announced, we will soon be presenting our popular “Ready for Retirement” seminar at 9 locations across the Commonwealth. Please remind your soon-to-be-retiring employees that we’re offering this program—and that this is a prime opportunity for them to get answers to their questions about the retirement process. If at all possible, please forward
this message to your MTRS members who are retiring within the next year.
This is a free, optional, two-hour program (4-6 p.m.) designed
for MTRS members in Tier 1 (established membership before
April 2, 2012) who are retiring in 2019.
- the retirement application process and the benefit calculation formula,
- timelines and service expectations,
- first payment information,
- health insurance, tax and working after retirement issues, and
- cost-of-living adjustments after you retire.
Personalized account information and pension estimates are not offered during these sessions.
The program will be offered at 9 locations and online registration is required.
- HANOVER, Thursday, November 1; Hanover High School auditorium
- AUBURN, Thursday, November 8; Auburn High School auditorium
- NORTHAMPTON, Thursday, November 8; Northampton High School auditorium
- CHARLESTOWN, Tuesday, November 13; MTRS Main Office, Presentation Room, 2nd Floor
- LUDLOW, Tuesday, November 13; Ludlow High School auditorium
- WOBURN—JUST ADDED, Thursday, November 15; Woburn Memorial High School auditorium
- NORTON, Tuesday, November 20; Norton Middle School auditorium
- PEABODY, Tuesday, November 27; Peabody Veterans Memorial High School auditorium
- SOUTH YARMOUTH, Thursday, November 29; Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School auditorium